F/A- 18 E/F Super Hornet fighter has distinct advantages over Rafale- M, says Boeing
official. Let us understand what these falcons are equipped with.
The Boeing AH-64 Apache is an American twin-turboshaft attack
multirole combat helicopter. Its top speed is 365 Km/h, weight 5165kg took its first flight on 30
- Greater thrust and lift
- Joint digital operability
- Improved survivability
- Cognitive decision aiding
Boeing CH-47 chinook is a rotor helicopter developed by American
rotorcraft company vertol and manufactured by Boeing Vertol. Its top speed is 302 km/h, with engine
type is Honeywell T55 and introduced in 1962.
- Provide strategic airlift capability across the full spectrum of combat and humanitarian
- Ability to deliver heavy payloads at high altitudes.
- Transports forces and associated equipment.
- Medical evacuation, rescue during natural disaster, parachute drops, relief and aircraft
- Best choice for humanitarian disaster sand relief operations.
The Indian Air Force operates 22 apache attack helicopter and 15 chinook heavy lift helicopters
procured from Boeing through the foreign Military sales program of the U.S. government under a 3
billion dollar deal in September 2015. Further during the visit of U.S President Donald Trump in
February 2020, India signed a deal for 6 more apache to cost around 800 million dollars.
Talking of the large portfolio of products with Indian armed forces, Mr.Turbo said, “The performance
of the products is instrumental in terms of those campaigns going forward.” Thus India is going to
have few more feathers in her wings due to such helicopters.