As we know that now day’s technology is growing rapidly so its associated data and its technical issues are also growing simultaneously we need continuous upgradation in technology too which leads to the invention of quantum computing. Nobel Prize in Physics 2022 has been given to one of the applications of Quantum Computing which is teleportation. Quantum Computing is a rapidly emerging technology that harnesses the laws of quantum. Quantum Mechanics is a subfield of physics that describes the behavior of particles that is an atom, electrons, photons, and almost everything in the molecular and sub-molecular realm. These are different ways of processing information compared to today’s classical computing systems.
How it is different from traditional computers?
- Classical computers store information as binary 0 and 1 states that it can either be 0 or 1 at one point in time, but quantum computers draw on the fundamental laws of nature to carry out calculations using quantum bits that are Qubits. It can be both 0 or 1 at the same time. This 0 and 1 at the same point in time is called a superposition.
- Qubits can be in a combination of states, which allows for rampantly larger calculations.
- It has the potential to solve complex problems which even the most powerful classical supercomputers are not capable of.
- Quantum computing works on
a) superposition: they can exist multiple states (both 0,1) at the same time.
b) Entanglement: Where two or more particles are inseparably linked and mirror each other exactly, even when separated by great physical distance.
Applications of Quantum Computing
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning(ML).
- Computational chemistry.
- Financial portfolio optimization.
- Logistics and Scheduling.
- Cyber security.
- Generation of new jobs in relevant fields.
- Highly susceptible to interference that leads to fallacy in quantum algorithms running on it.
- Most quantum computers cannot function without being super-cooled that is they can’t work at any temperature; its temperature must be a little above absolute zero.
- Acute shortage of expectant with doctorates in quantum physics, engineering, and statistics.
- India lacks the capability to domestically manufacture most of the components of this computer. that for most of the things India has to look after in different countries.